Everest Trek ~ in IR [limwhow]

We just returned from a 10 days trip to Nepal.
    Did a tour of Kathmandu and the Everest Country at Sagarmatha National Park from Lukla to Namche Bazaar.
    Here are some of my humble IR shot using the Canon 20D modified with a 535nm filter.

Last edited by limwhow; 15th April 2011 at 12:24 AM.
    With humility I come. Canon.
    With pictures I record Life & Love.

incredible IR photography of Nepal

The first few shots are really interesting. How did you get colours into an IR shot?

The last few are getting pretty wacky!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Miracle View Post
    The first few shots are really interesting. How did you get colours into an IR shot?

The last few are getting pretty wacky!!
    Hello The Miracle.
    Thanks for coming by my humble thread.
    As you know, infrared shots with different modified cameras have different amount of colours. An IR filter with a higher cut off of say 900nm would almost be a black and white while one with a much lower cut off of say 600nm would still allow plenty of colours to pass through it.
    Because of the lost of a great deal of colours (nonetheless), IR photos have what are known as false colours. Thus it takes a bit of post processing to bring some sense back into these false colours, like tweaking them so that a red sky becomes a blue sky, much like how a normal scene would appear.
    But I is also precisely this tweaking and playing around with colours that will allow one the creativity to create really out of the world scenes that are dreamy and unreal.
    The sky is the limit, when it comes to IR photos.
    Thanks for coming by, The Miracle.
    I hope I have answered your question.
    With humility I come. Canon.
    With pictures I record Life & Love.